- Environmentally friendly inks: Transfertex uses dyestuffs that are completely free of hazardous substances and contain no
- Recycling of inks: All inks in our production process are recycled using our proprietary ink recovery technology.
- Certified paper: Our used transfer paper is FSC certified (Forest Stewardship Council), which means it originates from sustainable forest management.
- ZDHC: The transfer paper is also ZDHC compliant (Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals).
- Recycling/Reuse: The used transfer paper can be recycled or reused (for example as a gift paper).
- No water consumption/pollution: We print with ethanol-based solvent inks. Ethanol is a completely natural, renewable substance. Because we use no water in our printing process, we generate no waste-water.
- Energy efficient printing process: Due to the use of solvents in our production process, we require approx. 80% less energy to dry our paper than conventional printing systems on textile.
- Reuse of the printing cylinders: For the production of new designs we always reuse our printing cylinders. Cylinders are reworked in our factory, according to the very strict German environmental standards.
- Sustainable transfer printing process: Not only the process to produce the transfer paper is environmentally friendly, but also the transfer of the design from the paper to the fabric is a completely clean/dry process. Therefore, no air or water pollution is generated when printing with Transfertex heat transfer paper.
- Ready for recycled polyester: Transfer printing is ideal for printing on recycled polyester fabrics.
- Recyclable: The textiles and garments printed with Transfertex heat transfer paper can be recycled and reused in the production of new garments.
- Oeko-Tex Certification: Transfertex transfer printing paper is Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified. It also fulfills the requirements of REACH Annex XVII (incl. the use of azo colorants, nickel release, etc.) as well as the American requirements regarding total content of lead in children's articles (CPSIA; with the exception of accessories made from glass).
- bluesign®: Transfertex is an official bluesign system partner.
"bluesign system partners are responsibly acting companies in the textile manufacturing chain that are committed to the bluesign system and hence to implementing highest environmental standards in their operations and supply chain. Sustainability is a part of their philosophy and they are dedicated to acting on their responsibility."